Certainly the best Trotanoy between 1998 and 1982, the 1995 has a deep saturated ruby color that is dark to the rim. Relatively shut down when tasted in 2002 on several occasions, the wine, with coaxing, does offer some notes of earth, raspberry, black cherries, and a hint of licorice. Medium to full-bodied, powerful, and backward, it is an impressively constituted Trotanoy that is relatively large-scaled but the huge level of tannin also means it might be a modern-day version of the 1970. Time will tell. Anticipated maturity: 2010-2025. Last tasted, 2/02.
Chateau Trotanoy is a right bank winery from the Pomerol Appellation, based in Bordeaux, France. Like with all fine wines produced in this region it is unclassified, however, Chateau Trotanoy is held in high regard due to the great wines it produces year after year.
Chateau Trotanoy only received its current name in the early 20th century from Jean-Jacques Moueix. Previously it was known as Trop Ennuie, and enjoyed widespread recognition as a great wine, whilst under the supervision of the Giraud family.
The vineyards of this prominent estate reach over 7 hectares with a grape distribution of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc. On average, 1,500 to 2,500 cases of Chateau Trotanoy are produced each year.
1,500 - 2,500 cases
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten