I have often acknowledged the greatness of Trotanoy in the forties, fifties, sixties, and early seventies. Yet I also voiced my concerns between 1976 and the late eighties when Trotanoy produced wines far below what its fans had come to expect (save for the superb 1982). Much of the vineyard had been replanted and the style undoubtedly lightened. All of that appears to be changing, as Trotanoy is clearly on the rebound with a very strong effort in 1992 and a superb performance in 1993 (more on that vintage in the issue #97). * As I indicated in my report on the 1992 cask tastings, Trotanoy turned in a top performance. That has been confirmed by the bottled wine. It offers a dense, saturated dark ruby color, an excellent sweet, black-cherry, mocha, mineral, and vanillin-scented nose, medium-bodied, concentrated flavors, a wonderful succulence and suppleness to its fruit, and a long, heady, tannic, rich finish. This is an expansively flavored, moderately tannic Trotanoy that will benefit from another 2-3 years of cellaring, and keep for 12-15 years. * How reassuring it is to see this estate, which made so many of the greatest wines in the forties, fifties, sixties, and early seventies, return to form.
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Trotanoy is a right bank winery from the Pomerol Appellation, based in Bordeaux, France. Like with all fine wines produced in this region it is unclassified, however, Chateau Trotanoy is held in high regard due to the great wines it produces year after year.
Chateau Trotanoy only received its current name in the early 20th century from Jean-Jacques Moueix. Previously it was known as Trop Ennuie, and enjoyed widespread recognition as a great wine, whilst under the supervision of the Giraud family.
The vineyards of this prominent estate reach over 7 hectares with a grape distribution of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc. On average, 1,500 to 2,500 cases of Chateau Trotanoy are produced each year.
1,500 - 2,500 cases
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten