It is against my better judgment to taste the sweet wines of Barsac and Sauternes at such an early age, as I find they typically require at least 12 months to reveal the definition/delineation so essential in these creamy, creme brulee, and honeysuckle-flavored offerings. Nevertheless, because this vintage is so highly regarded, I tasted through most of the top estates. The 2003s appear to be somewhat in the style of the 1990s, with high levels of residual sugar (higher than 2001 for the most part) as well as botrytis, low acidity, and fat, full-bodied personalities. This region’s harvest began extremely early (early September), and was completely finished within three weeks. It does not appear that the nobleness and racy richness of the 2001 vintage will be found in the 2003s, but readers who like the big, flamboyant, over the top style of the 1990s will enjoy the 2003s even more than I did. *** Unlike most of my red wine tastings, this offering was only tasted once. Readers should keep in mind that this a very early, pre-bottling judgment from very unevolved wine that is not nearly as defined and easy to evaluate as the reds.
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Rieussec is a top Bordeaux wine producer based in the region of Graves, in Bordeaux, France. Chateau Rieussec falls under the Sauternes appellation in the commune of Fargues, and the sweet white wine (or desert wine) holds the status Premier Cru Classe, or First Growth, as per the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855.
Chateau Rieussec went through a series of owners since the 18th century, however in 1984 it was purchased by Domaines Barons de Rothschild, also owners of the esteemed Chateau Lafite Rothschild. One of the notable recognitions for Chateau Rieussec was the selection of Rieussec 2001 for Wine of the Year (2004) in Wine Spectator; a great testament to the high quality and reputation of Chateau Rieussec.
The estate of Chateau Rieussec covers over 90 hectares, neighbouring the prominent Chateau D’Yquem towards the West. The grape selection includes 93% Semillon, 7% Sauvignon and 3% Muscadelle. The average output for Chateau Rieussec is 6,000 cases, with another 4,000 cases of its second, third and fourth wines.
Premier Cru Classe - First Growth
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten