Pontet Canet 2002
Chateau Pontet Canet
This wine has seemingly gone to sleep and is in a dormant, ungracious stage, exhibiting notes of green tea leaves intermixed with red and black currants in its dusty nose. A medium-bodied wine with moderately high tannin and a certain austerity, it seems to be a much less impressive effort than I thought from barrel or is it just impossibly closed? There is still substantial size and tannic clout to the wine, but the fruit seems to have gone into hiding. Anticipated maturity: 2011-2020+. * As most well-informed insiders in Bordeaux know, proprietor Alfred Tesseron has been doing everything right since 1994 in order to fully develop the enormous potential of this vineyard adjacent to Mouton-Rothschild. Some serious work is done in the vineyard including de-budding, de-leafing, and crop-thinning. The harvest usually takes place in several attempts trying to maximize ripeness and there are two separate sorting tables. Yields have dropped dramatically, and of course there is a severe selection.
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Pontet Canet
Chateau Pontet Canet is a wine production estate of outstanding quality, based in the Pauillac appellation in Bordeaux, France. The primary wine is classified as a Fifth Growth by the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855.
The estate of Chateau Pontet Canet covers 120 hectares towards the north of the Pauillac commune. After the Bordeaux wine fraud scandal in 1973, sale of the chateau was forced to the Cognac merchant Guy Tesseron, who remains in control of operations today.
The grape composition reads 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 33% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot and 2% Cabernet Franc. This highly rated chateau has the largest output of all the classified growths in the Medoc; nearly 22,000 cases of its primary wine, and a further 20,000 cases of its secondary wine – Les Hauts de Pontet.
20,000 - 22,000 cases
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten