There is a boatload of tannin in this intense purple-colored effort as well as a beautiful bouquet of mulberry jam, kirsch, licorice, truffles and toast. Seductive, full-bodied and opulent with abundant red and black fruit, it is a full-bodied, long, impressive Pomerol that should keep for 30+ years. Merlot was one of the favored varietals in 2012, and Pomerol was undeniably the top appellation. One of only a handful of candidates for “wine of the vintage,” the 2012 Petrus was fashioned from small yields due to a significant loss of the crop due to the poor flowering and resulting coulure as well as the lack of rain between mid-July and September 25. The harvest lasted for nearly two weeks (from September 24 to October 8). The natural alcohol in the 2012 ranks alongside that in the 2010 and 2009, 14.5%. The finished pH was 3.8.
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Petrus is a prestigious Bordeaux wine estate situated towards the East of the Pomerol appellation, bordering the Saint Emilion region of Bordeaux, France. Petrus produces no second wine, and although it has never been classified, is regarded as one of the most highly rated wines in the world. Of the Pomerol appellation, the two frontrunners Petrus and Le Pin are considered amongst the top wines of the world, consistently demanding extremely high prices at auctions and the like.
Petrus produces a very limited supply of red wine comprised mainly of Merlot grapes, and occasionally with slight amounts of Cabernet Franc. The estate is under the ownership of wine merchant JP Moueix, and spans only 11.4 hectares. Consequently, Petrus only produces around 2,500 cases a year, further driving the prices of its elite Bordeaux wine through the roof.
2,500 - 3,000 cases
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten