The 2010 Palmer is one of the superstars of the vintage, a blend of 54% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon and 6% Petit Verdot, which is just slightly different than what I indicated two years ago. The alcohol level hit 14.5%, and the wine comes across like a more stacked-and-packed version of their 2000. It is tannic and backward, but has a sensational black/purple color and a gorgeous nose of camphor, barbecue smoke, blackberry and cassis. Full-bodied, with oodles of glycerin but a relatively healthy pH, this wine has a precision and freshness that belie its lofty alcohol and extravagant concentration. This is a sensationally rich, full-throttle Palmer that could well end up being one of the all-time great wines made at this estate. It needs a good 7-10 years of cellaring and should keep for 50 or more years. There’s no question that Thomas Duroux and the staff at Palmer are producing wines of first-growth quality, and have been for nearly a decade.
Chateau Palmer is a top Bordeaux wine producer found in the Margaux appellation in Bordeaux, France. The Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855 rates Chateau Palmer as a Third Growth, and to no surprise given the consistent output of top quality fine wines.
Chateau Palmer has been managed by Thomas Duroux since the year 2004; the vineyard spans over 52 hectares with a grape selection of 47% Cabernet Sauvignon, 47% Merlot and 6% Petit Verdot.
Chateau Palmer has been in production of a second label since 1998, called Alter Ego de Palmer. This second label employs a different process (and grape proportions) of wine making than the primary wine, however is made from the same terroirs. The result has been a serious decline in quantity of Chateau Palmer produced; from 20,000 cases down to 11,000 – 12,000 cases, per year.
11,000 - 12,000 cases
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten