Mouton Rothschild 2012
Chateau Mouton Rothschild
The intensely ripe Cabernet Sauvignon grown on the plateau at Mouton has produced an inky/purple-colored wine with the famous Mouton creme de cassis and floral characteristics vividly displayed. For the first time in a number of years they appear to have outdistanced their cross street rival, the biodynamically farmed Chateau Pontet Canet of Alfred Tesseron. Wonderfully sweet tannins envelop the enormous fruit and extravagant richness of this full-bodied Mouton Rothschild. With profound density as well as surprisingly sweet tannin, this terrific effort will probably shut down slightly and require 5-8 years of cellaring after bottling. It appears to have 30 or more years of aging potential, making it potentially one of the 3 or 4 longest-lived wines of the vintage. Mouton Rothschild has produced one of the vintage's most profound wines in 2012, and possibly the -wine of the Medoc.- About 49% of the production made it into the 2012 Mouton, which is a blend of 90% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Merlot and 2% Cabernet Franc. The harvest took place during the middle two weeks of October. This may be one of the few 2012s that comes close to equaling what was achieved in both 2009 and 2010, two far superior vintages.
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Mouton Rothschild
Chateau Mouton Rothschild is an elite and world famous wine estate in the village of Pauillac, situated in the Medoc region in the North West of Bordeaux, France. It is a consistent producer of the world’s top wines, with many claiming that the best clarets originate from this very Chateau.
The chateau’s frontrunner is the Mouton Rothschild, which was renamed from Brane-Mouton in 1853 by Nathan de Rothschild. Moreover, it is the first Chateau to fully grow and bottle the entire harvest. Chateau Mouton Rothschild is also a member of the fairly exclusive Primum Familiae Vini.
Chateau Mouton Rothschild also produces a second wine labeled Le Petit Mouton Rothschild. A signature style of this luxury wine is the label; every vintage has a world famous artist or sculptor responsible for the fancy label artwork, and is a tribute to the prestige and success of this top rated chateau.
15,000 - 20,000 cases
First Growth – Premier Cru
Pauillac/Medoc - Left Bank
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten