The 2012 is an outstanding effort displaying copious quantities of black raspberry and blackberry fruit intermixed with hints of camphor, black truffles and subtle new oak. Opulent, round and generously endowed with impressive purity as well as a forward style, it should drink well young yet age for 12-15 years. Administrator Pascal Vazart told me the rain that occurred at the end of September broke the hydric stress and drought-like conditions that had existed in this vineyard since mid-July. During that period, there was no rain, but lots of sunshine, which was beginning to cause serious issues with vineyards planted on sand and gravelly soils. The fruit for the 2012 l’Evangile was harvested between September 20 and October 9. It is composed of 93% Merlot and 7% Cabernet Franc that achieved a lofty 14.3% alcohol level. The finished pH is 3.7, which no doubt accounts for the wine’s smooth, velvety personality. No one will confuse the 2012 with their 2009 or 2010.
Chateau L’Evangile is a prominent Bordeaux wine producer from the Pomerol Appellation in Bordeaux, France. As it is a right bank wine, based in the commune of Pomerol, it remains unclassified. Nevertheless, Chateau L’Evangile remains a much sought after wine due to the outstanding production process and the exceptional quality of the fine wine.
Chateau L’Evangile is situated on the border of the Saint Emilion region, along with a few other prestigious wineries such as Chateau Petrus, Chateau La Conseillante and Chateau Cheval Blanc. After numerous changes in ownership, it was finally acquired by Domaines Barons de Rothschild in 1990, also owners of the esteemed Chateau Lafite Rothschild.
The vinyards of Chateau L’Evangile measure around 16 hectares with an annual output of around 2,000 – 3,000 cases. Additionally, a second wine is also in production, labeled Blason de L’Evangile.
2,000 - 3,000 cases
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten