This wine is closed, backward, and marginally less impressive than I thought from cask. It is still an outstanding l’Evangile that may prove to be longer-lived than the sumptuous 1990, but perhaps not as opulently-styled. It remains one of the year’s’s top efforts. The dense ruby/purple color is accompanied by aromas of minerals, black raspberries, earth, and spice. The bottled wine seems toned down (too much fining and filtration?), compared with the pre-bottling samples, which had multiple layers of flesh and flavor dimension. High tannin in the finish and plenty of sweet fruit on the palate suggest this wine will turn out to be extra special. Could it have been even better if the filters had been junked in favor of a natural bottling? I think so, yet that being said, the wine’s ferocious tannin level cannot conceal its outstanding ripeness, purity, and depth. Anticipated maturity: 2007-2020. Last tasted, 10/02.
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau L’Evangile is a prominent Bordeaux wine producer from the Pomerol Appellation in Bordeaux, France. As it is a right bank wine, based in the commune of Pomerol, it remains unclassified. Nevertheless, Chateau L’Evangile remains a much sought after wine due to the outstanding production process and the exceptional quality of the fine wine.
Chateau L’Evangile is situated on the border of the Saint Emilion region, along with a few other prestigious wineries such as Chateau Petrus, Chateau La Conseillante and Chateau Cheval Blanc. After numerous changes in ownership, it was finally acquired by Domaines Barons de Rothschild in 1990, also owners of the esteemed Chateau Lafite Rothschild.
The vinyards of Chateau L’Evangile measure around 16 hectares with an annual output of around 2,000 – 3,000 cases. Additionally, a second wine is also in production, labeled Blason de L’Evangile.
2,000 - 3,000 cases
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten