Losing some of its luster, this wine reached maturity very quickly and now seems to be turning the corner in a slow downward spiral. The wine has a dark plum color with considerable amber at the edge. The exotic nose of dried herbs, camphor, Asian spice, licorice, and black fruits is followed by a soft, round, medium-bodied wine that is beginning to show some hardness to the tannin and a rather dry, scratchy finish. It needs to be drunk up, but still remains a very tasty, elegant style of l’Evangile. Anticipated maturity: Now-2007. Last tasted, 11/02.
Chateau L’Evangile is a prominent Bordeaux wine producer from the Pomerol Appellation in Bordeaux, France. As it is a right bank wine, based in the commune of Pomerol, it remains unclassified. Nevertheless, Chateau L’Evangile remains a much sought after wine due to the outstanding production process and the exceptional quality of the fine wine.
Chateau L’Evangile is situated on the border of the Saint Emilion region, along with a few other prestigious wineries such as Chateau Petrus, Chateau La Conseillante and Chateau Cheval Blanc. After numerous changes in ownership, it was finally acquired by Domaines Barons de Rothschild in 1990, also owners of the esteemed Chateau Lafite Rothschild.
The vinyards of Chateau L’Evangile measure around 16 hectares with an annual output of around 2,000 – 3,000 cases. Additionally, a second wine is also in production, labeled Blason de L’Evangile.
2,000 - 3,000 cases
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten