Leoville Barton 1992
Chateau Leoville Barton
This wine, which was impressive from cask, continues to prove that it is one of the finest wines of the vintage. It exhibits a dark ruby color, a spicy, cedary, black-cherry and curranty-scented nose, rich, medium-bodied flavors with excellent ripeness, a sense of elegance, and a succulent, juicy personality. The wine reveals no signs of dilution, and the tannin is sweet rather than hard and astringent. Drink this noteworthy 1992 over the next 10-12 years. *** The 1992 exhibits lavish quantities of toasty new oak (50% new oak is used in the wine's upbringing), but behind all the flattering oak are loads of ripe, round, juicy fruit. The wine lacks the structure and depth of the 1991, but it does offer juicy, succulent fruit in a medium-bodied format. It should drink well in 4-8 years and last for up to a decade.
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Leoville Barton
Chateau Leoville Barton is an expansive vineyard in the Saint Julien appellation, located in Bordeaux, France. The primary red wine produced by here is also labeled Chateau Leoville Barton, and is rated a Second Growth according to the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855.
Chateau Leoville Barton does not have its own traditional chateau building, as is common for most wine production estates. The Chateau building depicted on the label of the Leoville Barton bottles is actually the Chateau Langoa Barton, which is also where the wines are produced.
Leoville Barton along with Leoville Las Cases and Leoville Poyferre used to be one large Leoville estate. Since 1836, the Leoville Barton estate was under the ownership of the Barton Family, and currently it belongs to Anthony Barton, who has run the property since 1986.
The property extends around 48 hectares along the Gironde river, with soil dynamics of mainly gravel and clay. Grape composition consists of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc. Along with the primary wine, another second wine labeled La Reserve de Leoville Barton is also in production.
Saint Julien/Left Bank
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten