Leoville Barton 1982
Chateau Leoville Barton
With massive, huge concentration, excruciating tannin, this earthy, meaty St.-Julien has everything, but it needs to be forgotten for at least 10-15 years. At this tasting, it did not appear to have budged since the last time I had it, and it did not taste terribly different than it did at age five. While it is remarkably concentrated, it is hard to rate it any higher because it may take another 25 years to reach maturity. Even with this level of concentration, one can never be sure if the fruit will hold. Nevertheless, I have plenty of confidence in it. Release price: ($125.00/case)
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Leoville Barton
Chateau Leoville Barton is an expansive vineyard in the Saint Julien appellation, located in Bordeaux, France. The primary red wine produced by here is also labeled Chateau Leoville Barton, and is rated a Second Growth according to the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855.
Chateau Leoville Barton does not have its own traditional chateau building, as is common for most wine production estates. The Chateau building depicted on the label of the Leoville Barton bottles is actually the Chateau Langoa Barton, which is also where the wines are produced.
Leoville Barton along with Leoville Las Cases and Leoville Poyferre used to be one large Leoville estate. Since 1836, the Leoville Barton estate was under the ownership of the Barton Family, and currently it belongs to Anthony Barton, who has run the property since 1986.
The property extends around 48 hectares along the Gironde river, with soil dynamics of mainly gravel and clay. Grape composition consists of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc. Along with the primary wine, another second wine labeled La Reserve de Leoville Barton is also in production.
Saint Julien/Left Bank
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten