Grand Puy Lacoste 1994
Chateau Grand Puy Lacoste
Grand-Puy-Lacoste is the drinker's Pauillac. It is not an investment wine (having been largely forgotten by the trophy hunters and investors looking to make a quick buck), although certain vintages (1982 and 1990) have tripled in price. Grand-Puy-Lacoste, usually loaded with character and personality, has enjoyed three fine vintages in 1993-95, with each of these years under-priced for such quality. The 1994 has turned out to be an outstanding effort for this estate. The wine reveals even more flesh than it did prior to bottling, as well as the high tannin that marks many of this vintage's wines. The color is an opaque ruby/purple, and the nose offers up a gorgeously pure blast of sweet cassis fruit. Medium to full-bodied, with layers of extract, this classic, rich, powerful Pauillac will be at its best between 2003-2020. A sleeper!
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Grand Puy Lacoste
Chateau Grand Puy Lacoste is a producer of highly rated fine wines, located in the Pauillac region in Bordeaux, France. According to the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855, the premier red wine Chateau Grand Puy Lacoste holds the status of Fifth Growth.
The Chateau Grand Puy Lacoste can be found in the town of Pauillac, spanning around 36 hectares in vineyards. Common to the region, the vineyards have a limestone base with a deep gravel top soil. The grape selection is roughly 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, with 20% Merlot and the remaining 5% Cabernet Franc.
On average, Chateau Grand Puy Lacoste produces around 12,000 cases of wine every year. It also shares part of the name with Grand Puy Ducasse, another winery on the same hill. “Grand Puy” is the name of the small gravelly hill on which (both) the estates are located. This prestigious wine producer has had several names throughout the years, due to the daughters of the owning families getting married; since the daughter married Francois Lacoste, it retains the name Chateau Grand Puy Lacoste.
Grand Cru Classe (B)
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten