A minty, herbal characteristic combines with scents of incense, black currants, cherries, smoke, and licorice in this complex, pure 2001. It was a bit closed on the three occasions I tasted it, but it was certainly medium-bodied and elegant, with loads of nobility/pedigree, and the potential to be outstanding. Give it 1-2 years of cellaring, and drink it over the following 12-15. *** It is no surprise that when tasted immediately prior to bottling this wine exhibited far more weight, texture, and depth of fruit than it did previously. Deep ruby/plum, with a sweet nose of black raspberries, blackberries, plum, and licorice, this medium-bodied, elegant Figeac exhibits good sweetness, plenty of precocious complexity, and a ripe, long, nicely textured finish. As I predicted early on, it has developed more weight and texture, as this wine and its nearby neighbor, Cheval Blanc, so often do. Anticipated maturity: 2006-2018.
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Figeac is a highly rated wine production estate based in the Saint Emilion region of Bordeaux, France. The primary wine Chateau Figeac is classified as Premier Grand Cru Classe (B) as per the official classification of Saint Emilion wine.
Although Chateau Figeac is a prominent right bank wine, many describe it as having the characteristics of fine wines from the Medoc and Graves, most likely due to the grape selection. Chateau Figeac contains around 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc and 30% Merlot; whereas most Saint Emilion wines have a higher percentage of Merlot, this elite fine wine is far more balanced.
Chateau Figeac is the largest winery in Saint Emilion, spanning around 40 hectares of pure vineyards, and the annual production of its primary wine is around 10,000 cases. The estate also has a second wine in production since 1945 labeled La Grange Nueve de Figeac.
Premier Grand Cru Classe (B)
Saint Emilion/Right Bank
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten