Consistently good but hardly special, the 1989 Figeac shows considerable amber at the edge, medium body, and a distinctive weedy, vegetal character with notes of vanilla, red and black currant, and smoke. The wine finishes short, but the aromatics and attack are very pleasant. There is just not much underneath this wine’s superficial style. Anticipated maturity: Now-2007. Last tasted, 12/02. *** One of Bordeaux's most schizophrenic properties, as disappointing as Figeac's 1989 has turned out, the 1990 is fabulous. This property has not made a wine as rich as the 1990 since 1982. The 1989 is an undernourished, tough-textured, lean, herbaceous wine with a medium ruby color, little charm, and an absence of concentration and intensity. Given the high percentage of Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon in the blend, it is not surprising that the wine reveals a pronounced green, vegetal character, but the lack of intensity and flavor was even more pronounced than I remember.
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Figeac is a highly rated wine production estate based in the Saint Emilion region of Bordeaux, France. The primary wine Chateau Figeac is classified as Premier Grand Cru Classe (B) as per the official classification of Saint Emilion wine.
Although Chateau Figeac is a prominent right bank wine, many describe it as having the characteristics of fine wines from the Medoc and Graves, most likely due to the grape selection. Chateau Figeac contains around 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc and 30% Merlot; whereas most Saint Emilion wines have a higher percentage of Merlot, this elite fine wine is far more balanced.
Chateau Figeac is the largest winery in Saint Emilion, spanning around 40 hectares of pure vineyards, and the annual production of its primary wine is around 10,000 cases. The estate also has a second wine in production since 1945 labeled La Grange Nueve de Figeac.
Premier Grand Cru Classe (B)
Saint Emilion/Right Bank
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten