Fully mature, this somewhat disjointed, austere Figeac shows plenty of amber at the edge and a nose of creosote, ashtray, and tobacco notes along with some herbs and sweet currant fruit. The wine is elegant, but lacking substance, flesh, and texture. Anticipated maturity: Now. Last tasted, 12/02. *** I overrated this wine in its youth hoping that more fat and ripeness would emerge with aging. The wine has continued to possess an earthy, minty/herbaceous bouquet intermingled with scents of new oak and black fruits. The tannin is still present, but the wine has not fleshed out in the mid-palate, and is somewhat austere, with noticeably hard tannin in the finish. This wine, which was delicious young, has continued to be a tasty, very good to excellent example of Figeac, but has not turned out to be as outstanding as I initially predicted. Anticipated maturity: Now-2006. Last tasted 11/97
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Figeac is a highly rated wine production estate based in the Saint Emilion region of Bordeaux, France. The primary wine Chateau Figeac is classified as Premier Grand Cru Classe (B) as per the official classification of Saint Emilion wine.
Although Chateau Figeac is a prominent right bank wine, many describe it as having the characteristics of fine wines from the Medoc and Graves, most likely due to the grape selection. Chateau Figeac contains around 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc and 30% Merlot; whereas most Saint Emilion wines have a higher percentage of Merlot, this elite fine wine is far more balanced.
Chateau Figeac is the largest winery in Saint Emilion, spanning around 40 hectares of pure vineyards, and the annual production of its primary wine is around 10,000 cases. The estate also has a second wine in production since 1945 labeled La Grange Nueve de Figeac.
Premier Grand Cru Classe (B)
Saint Emilion/Right Bank
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten