Ducru Beaucaillou 2012
Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou
The color is a healthy deep ruby/purple and the wine smells beautiful, exhibiting lots of floral, creme de cassis, licorice and graphite notes. Medium-bodied but slightly deficient in the mid-palate at present, it picks up speed and finishes with serious authority and power. This 2012 should be outstanding, but it is difficult to favorably compare the 2012 to the prodigious wines produced at Ducru in 2009 and 2010. The 2012 will require 4-6 years of cellaring and should drink well for 15-20 years.The charismatic Bruno Borie has produced a 2012 Ducru Beaucaillou made from 81% Cabernet Sauvignon and 19% Merlot (about 50% of the total production). The harvest began right after the deluge that occurred the weekend of October 7, 8 and 9. A lot of dry tannins were present the day I tasted this wine, but I think they will soften and become manageable as the wine continues its upbringing in barrel for another 12-14 months.
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou
Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou is a premier wine producer based in Bordeaux, France, in the Saint Julien appellation. As per the Official Bordeaux Classification of 1855, Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou holds the Second Growth status, alongside 14 other highly esteemed wineries. In addition to the primary wine, a second wine labeled La Croix de Beaucaillou is in production since 1995.
The estate of Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou is operated by Bruno Borie, the total area of the vineyards spanning 50 hectares of well drained gravel. The name of the chateau is most likely due to the composition of the vineyard; “Beaucaillou” means “beautiful stones”. In terms of grape composition, it holds around 70% Cabernet Sauvignon and 30% Merlot.
During the 1980s, this highly rated chateau was struck by a TCA infestation, damaging several vintages like the 1988, 1989 and 1990. However, the issues have since then been rectified with a new underground cellar developed in the late 1990s.
22,000 - 25,000 cases
Saint Julien/Left Bank
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten