Ducru Beaucaillou 2010
Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou
With loads of minerality, a terrific opaque purple color, and slightly more structure and tannin than either Poyferre or St.-Pierre (and that’s saying something), this is a blockbuster, fabulous Ducru Beaucaillou that should be at its best a good decade from now and last 40-50 years. The proprietor is not alone in thinking this is the finest Ducru Beaucaillou since the 1961. The classic wet rock, creme de cassis, subtle oak and gravelly stoniness of the vineyard come through in this spectacular, full-bodied, gorgeously pure and intense effort. This is wine for the ages that should be forgotten for at least a decade. Proprietor Bruno Borie thinks this wine is as superb as their 2009. Slightly more structured and less flamboyant than its older sibling, it is a blend of 90% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Merlot from the very best parcels of the vineyard. This wine tips the scales at 14% natural alcohol but has a normal pH of 3.6, which is one of the characteristics of this vintage (high alcohol, normal pH), which thus accounts for the freshness and precision found in most 2010s.
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou
Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou is a premier wine producer based in Bordeaux, France, in the Saint Julien appellation. As per the Official Bordeaux Classification of 1855, Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou holds the Second Growth status, alongside 14 other highly esteemed wineries. In addition to the primary wine, a second wine labeled La Croix de Beaucaillou is in production since 1995.
The estate of Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou is operated by Bruno Borie, the total area of the vineyards spanning 50 hectares of well drained gravel. The name of the chateau is most likely due to the composition of the vineyard; “Beaucaillou” means “beautiful stones”. In terms of grape composition, it holds around 70% Cabernet Sauvignon and 30% Merlot.
During the 1980s, this highly rated chateau was struck by a TCA infestation, damaging several vintages like the 1988, 1989 and 1990. However, the issues have since then been rectified with a new underground cellar developed in the late 1990s.
22,000 - 25,000 cases
Saint Julien/Left Bank
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten