Ducru Beaucaillou 1982
Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou
At a charity dinner in Charleston, SC, the 1982 Ducru Beaucaillou from my cellar was the only corked bottle out of twenty-two. A subsequent tasting revealed one of the all-time great Ducrus, probably matched or eclipsed by several recent vintages (i.e., 2003, 2005, 2006, and 2008). The 1982 is still 5-8 years away from full maturity, but it exhibits a dense ruby/plum/garnet color to the rim as well as a sweet perfume of forest floor, spice box, cedar, and copious quantities of black fruits. Medium to full-bodied and beautifully pure with sweet tannins, this wine has aged more slowly than I initially expected. It is the finest Ducru Beaucaillou produced after the 1961 and before the 2003. With respect to the 1990, I do not own any of this wine, but it was the last of a series of vintages between 1986 and 1990 that were affected by the TCA-like contamination in the estate’s chai, which was completely destroyed and then rebuilt, eliminating the source of these smells. Not every bottle is affected by this, but I do not have any source for this vintage. Release price: ($140.00/case)
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou
Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou is a premier wine producer based in Bordeaux, France, in the Saint Julien appellation. As per the Official Bordeaux Classification of 1855, Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou holds the Second Growth status, alongside 14 other highly esteemed wineries. In addition to the primary wine, a second wine labeled La Croix de Beaucaillou is in production since 1995.
The estate of Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou is operated by Bruno Borie, the total area of the vineyards spanning 50 hectares of well drained gravel. The name of the chateau is most likely due to the composition of the vineyard; “Beaucaillou” means “beautiful stones”. In terms of grape composition, it holds around 70% Cabernet Sauvignon and 30% Merlot.
During the 1980s, this highly rated chateau was struck by a TCA infestation, damaging several vintages like the 1988, 1989 and 1990. However, the issues have since then been rectified with a new underground cellar developed in the late 1990s.
22,000 - 25,000 cases
Saint Julien/Left Bank
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten