Canon la Gaffeliere 1986
Chateau Canon la Gaffeliere
Showing considerable amber at the edge, this fully mature wine offers up notes of sandalwood intermixed with cedar, fruitcake, black currants, and spice box./ The wine is medium-bodied, showing a bit of dry tannin in the finish, suggesting this wine's baby fat has completely fallen away and the wine needs consumption. Anticipated maturity: Now-2006. Last tasted, 10/02. *** Except for the 1988 and 1989, the 1986 is the finest wine made at this property in over three decades, and is certainly one of the sleepers of the vintage. It may eventually merit an even higher score. The use of 65% new oak, an extended maceration, and careful attention to detail have resulted in a wine that is black/ruby in color and has exceptional concentration and length, with a wonderful opulence and fatness in the mid-range that makes for exciting drinking. I do not believe it will be the longest-lived St.-Emilion in 1986, but it does have more precocious appeal than many wines, and therein lies its value. Anticipated maturity: Now-2005. Last tasted, 3/90.
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Canon la Gaffeliere
Chateau Canon la Gaffeliere is a highly rated winery situated in the the Saint Emilion appellation, on the right Bank of Bordeaux, France. The fine wine Canon la Gaffeliere is ranked Premier Grand Cru Classe by the Classification of Saint Emilion Wine, and the chateau also produces a second wine labeled Cote Mignon la Gaffeliere. Furthermore, this wine estate is also associated with the production of the fine wine La Mondotte.
The main consultant of Chateau Canon la Gaffeliere is the self-taught oenologist Stephane Derenoncourt, responsible for the high quality wine originating from this 19.5 hectare estate. The name descends from the Roman times, coming from the word “gaffets” meaning “lepers”, as there used to be a leprosarium based in the area in the 14th century.
The grape selection is comprised of 55% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon. In total, around 7,500 cases of wine are produced each year, including the first and second wine.
7,000 - 8,000 cases
Premier Grand Cru Classe
Saint Emilion/Right Bank
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten