The finest Canon since the 1982, the 2009 (75% Merlot and 25% Cabernet Franc) reveals a dense blue/purple color along with a classic nose of chalk dust, blueberries, black raspberries, black currants and a touch of wood smoke. Medium to full-bodied, elegant and loaded with an inner framework of minerality and moderately high tannins, this backward, but stylish, concentrated Canon will benefit from 7-8 years of cellaring and last for three decades. *** This is the best Canon since 1982, and it is possibly capable of eclipsing that legendary vintage. It has taken a while for the proprietors, the Wertheimer brothers (the owners of Chanel and the Margaux estate Rauzan-Segla) to get Canon back to its former glory. Yields in 2009 were 35 hectoliters per hectare, and the harvest occurred between September 28 and October 5. The blend is 75% Merlot and 25% Cabernet Franc, with a natural alcohol level of 14%. Dense ruby/purple and full-bodied, with terrific blueberry and raspberry fruit intermixed with spring flower garden scents, with extraordinary density, purity, and a multi-layered texture, this is a prodigious Canon with sweet tannins and lots of viscosity. It should drink well for 30 or more years. Bravo! (Tasted three times.)
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Canon is a highly esteemed wine production estate in the Saint Emilion appellation of Bordeaux, France. Originally referred to as Clos St-Martin, this top Bordeaux fine wine is ranked among the Premier Grand Crus Classe B, as designated by the classification of Saint Emilion wine.
Chateau Canon, located in the south west of Saint Emilion, is a neighbor to other renowned wine estates like Chateau Magdelaine, Chateau La Gaffeliere and Chateau Ausone. The vineyard surface measures around 21.5 hectares, with a grape selection of 60% Merlot and 40% Cabernet Franc.
Since the early 20th century, Chateau Canon has been rated as one of the best Saint Emilion wines; in total, around 7,500 – 9,000 cases are produced each year, of both the first wine Chateau Canon as well as the second wine Clos de Canon.
7,500 - 9,000 cases
Premier Grand Cru Classe (B)
Saint Emilion/Right Bank
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten