Calon Segur 1997
Chateau Calon Segur
A soft, weedy Calon-Segur, with a washed-out ruby color, herb, pepper, and earthy aromas, light to medium body, and low tannin, this 1997 should be consumed over the next 3-4 years. *** This wine was disappointing on three separate occasions, exhibiting light to medium body, and a diluted personality with notes of grilled vegetables, old leather, and cherry fruit, but little intensity or length. It will require consumption during its first 7-8 years of life. *** Wouldn't you know it? After naming Madame Gasqueton as one of my heroines of 1997, and having praised to the heavens Calon-Segur's brilliant 1995 and 1996, I was let down by the rather unsubstantial, closed, tannic, and evolved 1997. Tasted on three separate occasions with consistent notes, this wine possesses an evolved medium ruby/garnet color, and an austere, tannic personality with astringent tannin in the finish. The wine lacks the fruit, fat, and charm offered by the finest 1997s. Not without merit, the wine possesses complex aromas of earth, black fruits, minerals, and spice, medium body, and modest length. However, the 1997 Calon-Segur is well below the quality level achieved in both 1996 and 1995. Anticipated maturity: 2001-2012.
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Calon Segur
Chateau Calon Segur is a top rated wine production estate located in the Saint Estephe appellation, in Bordeaux, France. According to the official Bordeaux Wine Classification of 1855, Calon Segur holds the status of Third Growth. Among all the wineries in the Medoc region, Chateau Calon Segur is situated at the northernmost border.
Calon Segur was one of the three original vineyards in the Saint Estephe area; later on it was acquired by Nicolas-Alexandre, Marquis de Segur – owner of Chateau Latour and Chateau Lafite. By his own accounts, the Marquis stated that “his heart was with Calon”; as a result the label of this prestigious fine wine displays a heart around the chateau’s name.
Reportedly, the ownership of Calon Segur was sold to a group of French investors, for a fee in the region of €200 million in July 2012. It had previously been managed by the Capbern-Gasqueton family since 1894.
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten