Calon Segur 1995
Chateau Calon Segur
As I have said many times since I first tasted this wine, the 1995 Calon-Segur is one of the great sleepers of the vintage (I bought the wine as a future for a mere $250 a case). The wine has closed down completely since bottling, but it is a sensational effort that may ultimately merit an even higher score. The wine is opaque purple-colored. With coaxing, the tight aromatics reveal some weedy cassis intertwined with truffles, chocolate, and beef blood-like aromas. On the palate, there is an element of sur-maturite (1995 was an extremely late harvest at Calon-Segur), fabulous density and purity, and a boatload of tannin. This deep, broodingly backward, classic Bordeaux will require a decade of cellaring. Anticipated maturity: 2005-2035. * Proprietor Madame Gasqueton (one of The Wine Advocate's heroines of 1997) has produced two unqualified back to back successes. Kudos to Calon-Segur, as both the 1995 and 1996 wines have a strong buy recommendation from me, but only for readers who have the patience to wait them out.
Robert Parker Punkte
* Preis jeweils für eine OHK (Originalholzkiste) in perfektem Zustand – 12x75cl pro OHK
Letzter Update October 2015
Chateau Calon Segur
Chateau Calon Segur is a top rated wine production estate located in the Saint Estephe appellation, in Bordeaux, France. According to the official Bordeaux Wine Classification of 1855, Calon Segur holds the status of Third Growth. Among all the wineries in the Medoc region, Chateau Calon Segur is situated at the northernmost border.
Calon Segur was one of the three original vineyards in the Saint Estephe area; later on it was acquired by Nicolas-Alexandre, Marquis de Segur – owner of Chateau Latour and Chateau Lafite. By his own accounts, the Marquis stated that “his heart was with Calon”; as a result the label of this prestigious fine wine displays a heart around the chateau’s name.
Reportedly, the ownership of Calon Segur was sold to a group of French investors, for a fee in the region of €200 million in July 2012. It had previously been managed by the Capbern-Gasqueton family since 1894.
HAFTUNGSAUSSCHLUSS – Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All Preise sind nur für perfekte OHK’s (Originalholzkiste) = 12 * 750 ml Flaschen
- - Alle Bestände sind geprüft und ausschließlich Europäischer Herkunft
- - Bordeaux Traders übernimmt keine Haftung für die Genauigkeit der Informationen
- - Bilder reflektieren möglicherweise nicht die aktuellen Bestände
- - Derzeitige Marktpreise sind vorläufige Werte des Durchschnitts; wahre Marktwerte können variieren
- - Aufgrund diverser Marktentwicklungen werden für Ankauf sowie Verkaufspreise Änderungen vorbehalten